It is everyone’s favorite time of the year again: fall! As the temperature begins to go down and the leaves begin to get crispy, many fall traditions are sure to be in full swing soon. For one thing, it’s just about time to check out the local pumpkin patch.
Once you’ve picked out your pumpkin (or a few!) and are ready to carve it, be sure to think about these pumpkin carving safety tips:
- Try to find a pumpkin with a flat bottom that will not roll away from you when placed on a similarly flat surface.
- Be sure to purchase quality carving tools designed specifically for this purpose, which are less likely to cause injury.
- Never let children carve pumpkins unsupervised, and be sure to have first-aid materials handy, just in case.
- Carve your pumpkin in a clean, debris-free area that is well lit, despite the timely, spooky allure of your garage.
- Lastly, keep a Ziploc bags and garbage bags ready to collect pumpkin seeds or throw away the inside gunk, keeping your carving space free for elbow room.
By Man vyi – own photo, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=17114780
For more safety tips or to start the fall season out behind the wheel of a brand new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Richard Karr Motors.