Whether gas is expensive or cheap, it’s always a good idea to try to increase your gas mileage. Not only will this save you money, but also, you can lower your personal impact on the environment.
Don’t know where to start? Here are some easy ways to get better gas mileage:
- Keep your car well-maintained, which will allow it to offer the most optimal performance possible.
- Slow down, within reason. The slower you drive, the more fuel-efficient your vehicle becomes. Avoid going over the speed limit.
- Check your tire pressure. If your tire pressure is too low, you may be wasting energy. You can find out just how inflated they should be by consulting your owner’s manual.
- Empty out the back of your vehicle or the trunk. The heavier a car is, the worse its gas mileage becomes.
- Lastly, stop idling your car. This pointless practice contributes to lower fuel efficiency and can also cause long-term damage to your engine.
And of course, the easiest way of all is to invest in a vehicle that gets excellent gas mileage to begin with, including many of the vehicles we have here at Richard Karr Motors. Visit us anytime to take one out on a test drive!