Earth Day is coming up soon, and while many of us have opted to drive more environmentally friendly cars, others are looking for ways to decrease their carbon footprint for April 22.
Here are a few tips to make your car green this Earth Day:
- Driving the speed limit isn’t just safer (and legal), it’s also a good way to save precious gasoline.
- Use cruise control in order to help you with the previous tip.
- Switch to a re-usable air filter. You’ll be saving not only your filter but avoiding the packaging waste that comes with a new one.
- Don’t neglect regular maintenance. A smoothly running car produces fewer emissions.
- Turn off your car instead of allowing it to idle while you are waiting.
- Car pool on your way to work or while running errands.
Do you have any other green car tips to improve your driving experience this Earth Day? Let us know your ideas in the comments.